Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Our Babies

Can't believe I haven't shared a photo of our babies yet. I know we can't be the only childless couple out there that treats their pets like kids.

I just want to cuddle my cats all day long and they want to have none of it. I can see this is a glimpse into my life as the parent of teenage kids. "Ew, stop hugging me, mom!" I can hear it clearly.

Cam and I adopted Warden and Abigail (Abby) from the Humane Society three years ago on Boxing Day. We knew we wanted a bonded pair because I always felt like my childhood cat was lonely when everyone was out, plus we knew that pairs were far less likely to be adopted and needed a fair chance at a new life, too.

Warden and Abby had been at the pound since March, living in the same little cage together. Warden came in at 18 pounds, already overweight, and by the time we adopted him he was 30 pounds! Obviously, our little tubby needed some space as did his girlfriend before he accidentally rolls over on her one day! You had to actually look into the cage to realize there was actually a second cat in there.

Anyway, that's the story of our babies. Hopefully we'll be adding an English bulldog into the mix somewhere down the line. And eventually, some human babies (yikes!).




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...