Thursday, February 24, 2011

Layered Metal





I bought this necklace at a local boutique recently. I love the twisted layers of metal beads. It is beaded tightly and does not curve properly. I love that quirk, though. It seems carefree and in line with the slightly tribal, slightly industrial look of the piece.

At the same time, I also bought two other silver necklaces. One similar to this. I'll have to remember to take a few pics sometime.

On another note....

I'm very excited right now! Cam and I walked by the local library on our way home and I had a chance to peruse the magazine section. Usually the home decor magazines are picked through but today, they had a stack of House Beautiful, House & Home, and Style at Home magazines available! I cradled a heavy bunch in my arms as we walked home. Just finished my dinner and have the kettle going. I think it's going to be a drink spiked coffee and flip through beautiful magazines kind of night.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, that looks really good! I like!

    Are you still shooting w/ your D70? Love the first photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! It's been 7 years now. Longer than some marriages. Lol!

    What are you using these days? I've been thinking of buying a new camera but honestly, this one does the job and I feel like I should invest in more lenses instead. Thinking of a 35mm f/2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I upgraded to a D90 but you know, my D70 is still in perfect working condition (I actually gave it to a friend who had been wanting a DSLR for a while).

    I'm actually using the Panasonic GF1 mostly. I love my D90 but I'd been carrying it less and less because it's so cumbersome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just google'd the GF1. Looks awesome...great size! I mostly use the Canon G10 these days but I miss the interchangeable lenses. The DSLRs are just too cumbersome, like you said, and consipuous.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...