Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy (Insert Special Occasion) To Me! -

There was really no special occasion but I'll be happy to make one up if an excuse is needed.

I jumped on the Micro Four Thirds band wagon this weekend and purchased the Olympus E-P2 camera with a 14-42mm kit lens. I've been casually considering a replacement for my Nikon D70 DSLR for quite some time now. The D70 still works perfectly but it's too bulky to carry everywhere and let's be honest, a part of me just wanted something new after seven years with this baby.

Interesting Tidbit: The Nikon D70, along with its Canon 300D EOS counterpart, were the first consumer DSLR cameras ever released! At the time, retail was $1000US body-only or $1300US with the 18-70mm kit lense. The Canadian retail price was of course, a lot higher especially when you factor in the 15% GST/PST at that time! These days, an entry level DSLR can be had for just a few hundred and everyone and their mother has one. Needless to say, the DSLR revolution has come a long way!

Here is what the Olmypus E-P2 and kit lens looks like in all its glory! These photos were taken with my Canon Powershot G10 point-n-shoot camera which is actually bigger than the E-P2!










I have a number of upcoming product reviews to take photos for so hopefully this weekend I'll be able to test out the ability of this camera! I'm also looking to add a pancake lens to the mix, perhaps the Olympus 17mm 2.8.

Not sure what the Micro Four Thirds is? These links will explain it better than I ever could! >> Wikipedia, Mu-43.com Micro 4/3 Online Community, Four Third's Micro Four Thirds official site.

Any of you have a Micro Four Thirds camera? What's your feedback?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...