Monday, January 10, 2011

What Would I Do With A Million or Two?

I love the song "If I Had A Million Dollars" by the Barenaked Ladies. Everytime I listen to that song, a smile begins on my face and I start singing dreaming along.

A million doesn't get you too far these days, at least not in these neck of the woods but I would definitely move out to the country. I don't need a big house. I just need wide open spaces. Yes, this deeply-entrenched-in-the-core-of-the-city girl dreams of moving out to the middle of nowhere.

We went up to Cam's aunt's cabin again this weekend, this time with another couple. We chilled out Friday night (after Cam got the car stuck on a snowbank. Yes, I told him it was a bad idea. No, he didn't listen!), got the neighbour to plow out a path from the road then went skiing Saturday, and woke up at our leisure before heading back to the city Sunday. His aunt told us the place is basically ours 'until the peonies bloom' or really, until she comes up from Miami. Bless her!










No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...