Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dismantled





I tried to come up with a cheery title but just couldn't. Don't get me wrong, I'm really really happy and excited to be moving but at the same time, there's a part of me that's sad. In the past year or so we've been growing out of our apartment. It was getting too small, too inconvenient, too every-excuse-that-could-be-made. We were ready to move on.

But when I woke up this morning and looked around our place, I got a little sad. This has been our home for the past 4 years. This was our first apartment and holds so many memories not only of the moments within these walls but also of the important milestones that occurred during our stay here. Cam and I graduating and starting our first jobs, learning to ride and buying our motorcycles, adopting our beloved kitties, our overseas trips to China, road trips to Eastern Quebec, drunken stumbles from the bar, delicious meals out, getting engaged, getting married, getting pregnant (okay, not the last one yet)!! I could go on and on and on.

Anyone else feel that mix of sadness and happiness when moving? When was your last move? Was it a big change?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...