“Sophisticated but at the same time dramatic and seductive, Tangerine Tango is an orange with a lot of depth to it,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “Reminiscent of the radiant shadings of a sunset, Tangerine Tango marries the vivaciousness and adrenaline rush of red with the friendliness and warmth of yellow, to form a high-visibility, magnetic hue that emanates heat and energy. A fun, lively take on a traditional autumnal hue, Tangerine Tango will surely carry through to fall fashion as well."
I'm really excited to see what fashion and beauty products emerge from this year's Pantone color. This color will look spectacular during the summer with a variety of colors (think Caribbean-vacation colors like neon yellow, turquoise, fuschia) and during the cooler months (a pop of color against a canvas of taupe, chocolate brown, gray, etc.)
Not sure how you feel about this color? If you aren't on board yet, hopefully these items will inspire you to give it a chance!
1. Brain Atwood Alima Peeptoe Pumps
2. Miu Miu Bow Leather Tote
3. House of Harlow 1960 Marley Clutch
4. Tiffany & Co Paloma Sugar Stacks Ring
5. Didi Colley Tutti-frutti Ring in Dark Cognac and Orange Chalcedony
6. Karen Walker Soul Club Sunglasses in Orange/Milk
7. Philosophy 3-in-1 Shower Gel in Mimosa
8. Hugo Boss Boss Orange EDP
9. Love & Beuaty by Forever21 Glow in the Dark Neon Orange Nail Polish
10. Barry M Lip Paint in Orange 117
11. Pantone Tangerine Tango iPhone 4/4S Case
So, have you or are you going to try out this color? How?
I already have Tequila Sunrise nail polish from Rimmel, which is an intense version of Tangerine Tango. That's been one of my go-to nail polishes for the summer. It looks fantastic against both silver and gold sandals and jewelry.
I've love to try this as a shirt - perhaps in the form of a sheer blouse paired with white trousers or pencil skirt in the summer. Or a thin orange headband...or a big cocktail ring...or peep toe pumps...or.... Clearly, I need to put this on my Spring wishlist!